1. We believe that the Scripture of the Old and New Testaments, in their original state, are the infallible Word of God, a divine revelation, inspired by the Holy Spirit, and that they are the supreme and final authority of faith and conduct (2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:21; Hebrews 4:12).
2. We believe in one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons; Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1; Isaiah 45:21-22; Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14).
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, who is the Second Person of the Godhead, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father where He now is our High Priest and Advocate, and in His personal return in power and glory (Genesis 3:15; Matthew 1:18; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; John 1:1-3; Philippians 2:7-8; Hebrews 4:14-16, 9:24; 1 John 2:1-2; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17).
4. We believe the Holy Spirit is the Third Person of the Godhead and is co-equal and co-eternal with the Father and Son. His ministry is to glorify Jesus Christ, to regenerate man and baptize him into the body of Christ. He indwells, guides, empowers the believer, and seals him into redemption. The believer receives the Holy Spirit at conversion and is filled with the Holy Spirit as he submits himself to the Spirit of God (John 15:26; Matthew 28:19; 1 Corinthians 3:16, 12:13; Ephesians 1:13-14; Romans 8:9; Acts 6:3, 15:32; Ephesians 5:18).
5. We believe that man is created in the image of God. He is distinct from all other creation in that he is of three parts—body, soul and spirit. In the sin of the first Adam, the whole human race fell and thereby incurred both physical and spiritual death (Genesis 1:26, 2:7; Numbers 16:22; Romans 3:23, 5:12; Hebrews 4:12).
6. We believe that Jesus Christ died and shed His blood for our sins according to the Scriptures and by grace provided salvation for all who believe on Him (Romans 5:8-9; Hebrews 9:22; Ephesians 1:7).
7. We believe that there will be a bodily resurrection of the saved and the lost, a state of everlasting blessedness of the saved, and a state of eternal punishment of the wicked (John 5:28-29; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; Revelation 20:4-6, 11-15).
8. We believe that the Church consists of all those who truly believe on Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, that it is the body and bride of Christ, is local and universal and that its mission is to witness for Christ among all nations (Acts 1:8, 2:44-47; 1 Corinthians 12:12-27; Colossians 1:18; Ephesians 5:25-32).
9. We believe that the Lord’s Supper and Water Baptism are ordinances to be observed by the local church. We believe that Baptism by water in the name of the triune God is the identifying of the believer after conversion. We believe that believers are to observe it until He comes again. These ordinances are not to be regarded as means of salvation (Matthew 28:19; Acts 2:41-42, 8:36-39; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26; Acts 16:31-33; Ephesians 2:8-9).
10. We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. (Gen 1:26-27.) Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. (Gen 2:18-25.) We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. (1 Cor 6:18; 7:2-5; Heb 13:4.) We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman.
We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ. (Acts 3:19-21; Rom 10:9-10; 1 Cor 6:9-11.)
We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31.) Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the doctrines of Platte Canyon Community Church.